As technology in cars improve, engines become more efficient and manufacturers are forever reducing the emissions of their vehicles.
Cars which emit less than 100g/km of CO2 qualify for free road tax.
Here are the top 5 cheapest vehicles which emit less than 100g/km of CO2.
5. Peugeot 107 – The Peugeot 107 1.0 Access 3dr emits 99g/km of CO2 and costs £8,095
4. Citroen C1 – Identical to the Peugeot 107, both in terms of emissions and price, the 1.0i VT 3dr is Citroen’s cheapest model which is exempt from road tax
3. Kia Picanto – The Picanto 1.0 1 3dr also emits 99g/km of CO2, and is £50 cheaper than the 107 and C1, at £8,045
2. Suzuki Alto – The Suzuki Alto 1.0 SZ costs just £7,199, and again emits 99g/km of CO2
1. Renault Twizy – The cheapest model on the market which qualifies for free road tax is the Renault Twizy, at the bargain price of £6,895, and it emits 0g/km of CO2. More information is at CarSite.co.uk.